CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
THE MICHIGAN TECH UNIVERSITY FACULTY DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
Nature of the Award
The Faculty Distinguished Service Award is intended to complement the Distinguished Teaching and the Distinguished Research Awards already established at the University. It recognizes service to the University Community that has significantly improved the quality of some aspect of campus life. The work could have resulted, in part, from compensated efforts, but it must have been of a quality that distinguishes itself above and beyond the normal execution of those tasks. The Award is intended to recognize exceptional rather than integrated service. It is not a lifetime achievement award.
A cash prize of $2,500 accompanies the Award.
The Award is open to all full-time faculty. This includes lecturers and research faculty. Those who hold restricted appointments (e.g., Adjunct, Visiting, temporary or part-time faculty) are not eligible. Faculty who hold positions with a significant administrative component (e.g., deans, associate deans, department chairs) are not eligible for the award.
The Award will be presented during the fall semester. It need not be awarded every year and may not be awarded to the same person more than once in any ten-year period.
Nominations will be accepted from any member of the University community including faculty, staff, students, and alumni(ae) and should be received by the Committee by Monday, March 24, 2014. To submit a nomination, see complete instructions. A complete nomination should
Upon receipt of the nomination, the Committee will contact the candidate, verify that he/she wishes to be considered for the Award, and request a short-form vita.
FACULTY DISTINGUSIHED SERVICE AWARD
Closing date for receipt of nominations is Monday, March
Procedure to Nominate a Faculty Member:
Thank you for taking the time and effort to call attention to the service efforts of a member of the MICHIGAN TECH faculty.
Information to be included in Faculty Distinguished Service Award Nomination
About the Nominator
About the Nominee
About the Service
1. For what service are you making this nomination? Please confine your response to no more than 100 words.
2. What are the approximate dates over which the service was rendered?
3. What was the nominee’s position in that time period?
4. In your opinion, how has the service described in question (1) significantly improved some aspect of campus life? Why can this service be considered an exceptional contribution to the University community? Please provide examples to support your nomination and confine your response to no more than 1000 words.
5. To your knowledge, was this service above and beyond the normal job responsibilities of the nominee? Elaborate if possible.
6. Please consider including supporting documentation such as letters of support (can be from colleagues at Michigan Tech or individuals who are external to the University but connected to the nominee in a relevant way), newspaper articles, web links, photographs, etc.