Vision of Institutional Analysis
Our vision is to be the experts in developing, maintaining, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting University data.
The mission of the Office of Institutional Analysis is to develop, maintain, and transform data into information critical to the University planning, policy making and reporting process, and to provide consultation on
analyses of University issues.
Some components of the Institutional Analysis mission include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as internal consultants to administrative officers and University committees regarding operational studies and data.
- Present information that is relevant to sound management and effective strategic and tactical planning issues.
- Serve as the University contact for all survey information requested by national and regional publications.
- Provide data submissions to the Federal and State Governments.
- Develop and maintain resource models for the University.
- Represent the University on various state-wide committees and task forces.
- Serve as MTU's official repository for statistical information about the University.
The functions performed by the Office of Institutional Analysis necessitate a close cooperation with the other campus constituencies. The data used
in our analyses are generated by other offices or processes; therefore our efforts are concentrated on assuring that the data are accurate,
concise, consistent, and timely.
Institutional Analysis Staff
Richard Elenich, Director
Sanghamitra Senapati, Planning Analyst
Alan Ollanketo, Planning Analyst
Hailey LaFleur, Student Research Assistant
Michigan Technological University
Office of Institutional Analysis
1400 Townsend Drive
Houghton, MI 49931