Promotion and Tenure
The promotion and tenure process is initiated by the Provost in the fall of each year and applies to Academic Tenure-Track Faculty. The Timetable for Faculty Appointment Reviews which is sent out in early fall gives the exact dates of all steps.
- Deans are notified in early fall of those faculty up for mandatory tenure reviews.
- Deans are notified early in the fall semester of those faculty up for major or interim reviews.
- All reviews plus any tenure and/or promotion recommendations are due in the Provost's Office by the 9th week of spring semester.
- Interim Reviews require:
- Major Reviews require:
- Tenure and/or Promotion require:
- Faculty are notified by the end of the 15th week of the spring semester of denied tenure and/or promotion recommendations.
- The Board of Control at their meeting commencement weekend votes on all recommendations and the Provost notifies the Deans of the results of the Board's actions.
- Faculty must be notified by May 31 of reappointments, terminations, promotions and tenure.