Academic Personnel Standard Practice Guide Michigan Tech Home Page Academic Search A2Z

Standard Practice Guide Main Page | Academic Administrative Resources | IEO Hiring Process | Provost's Office | Michigan Tech Home

Intent of Resignation/Retirement

When a faculty member has decided to resign or retire from their current position and informs their department heard/chair of their intent to separate from the University, the department completes a Faculty Notification of Intent to Separate Form available on the web site:

The web form will automatically be sent to the director of Center for Teaching, Learning and Faculty Development, who will send out an exit survey to the faculty member to complete.


When a faculty member resigns or retires from his/her current position the following materials need to be forwarded through the Dean's Office to the Provost's Office: