Chapter 22. Purchasing
Section 22.6. Follow-Up and Returns
22.6.3. Freight Claims
Freight Claims: Material that is received damaged or incomplete, a claim for reimbursement may be made by the shipping company or by the University, depending on FOB and/or vendor policy.
If material is received damaged or incomplete (lost), do the following:
- For direct-to-department deliveries, note any damage on the common carriers freight bill or mention it to the driver if UPS is the carrier.
- Retain the damaged item, outside carton, and all packing for possible inspection by the carriers inspector. Failure to do so may void the ability to file a claim.
- If a purchase order is involved, advise the Purchasing Department immediately. The Purchasing Department will notify the necessary parties (vendor and carrier), arrange for replacement, and file any claims required.
- If no purchase order is involved, contact the vendor for instructions.
- Contact Accounts Payable and advise them of possible delay of payment.
Chapter Table of Contents | Table of Contents | Search | MTU Home
Copyright © 2002. Michigan Technological University. All Rights Reserved.
Address questions to: email@example.com.