Chapter 22. Purchasing
Section 22.5. Agreements and Contracts
188.8.131.52. Independent Contractor Agreement
Independent Contractor Agreement: A contract which details the service between the University and an individual.
Whenever a service is to be performed by an individual, do the following:
- Complete the Independent Contractor Agreement, available from the Purchasing Departments Web site http://www.admin.mtu.edu/pur/forms/, or from the Purchasing Department, with the following information:
- Independent contractors (individuals) name.
- Brief description of the service to be performed.
- Specific payment terms; such as, $50/hr, $100/day, $2,500 for project, etc. If travel expenses are to be paid by the University, indicate specifics; such as, airline ticket, hotel, and/or etc. Vague terms such as as invoiced will not be accepted.
- List instrumentation exceptions, if any.
- Name of University contact(s).
- Name of University person(s) to whom any notices should be sent.
- Effective period covered by the agreement.
- If completing a form from the Web site, print out two copies of the agreement by clicking on the General Contract button and following the instructions for font size, etc.
- Forward both copies of the agreement to the independent contractor for signature and completion of
the fields indicated on the last page.
- Receive both copies of the completed agreement back from the independent contractor.
- Attach both copies to a completed and signed purchase requisition and forward to the Purchasing Department. Refer to section 22.2.4. Purchase Requisitions for procedures on completing a requisition.
NOTE: If the individual is a lecturer or performer, then a Guest Lecturer/Performer form, available from Purchasing's Web site http://www.admin.mtu.edu/pur/forms/, must be included.
The Purchasing Department will obtain approval, which is required for all services, except for services performed by recognized establishments. In no case shall services begin until an approved Purchase Order has been issued.
Chapter Table of Contents | Table of Contents | Search | MTU Home
Copyright © 2002. Michigan Technological University. All Rights Reserved.
Address questions about this page to Ann Roth at firstname.lastname@example.org.