Chapter 22. Purchasing
Section 22.4. Special Purchases
22.4.12. Prepayment Purchases
Prepayment Purchases: On occasion, a vendor may require payment prior to the shipment of the order.
It is preferable to order on open account basis instead of prepaying.
To make an advance payment, do the following:
- Ensure that the description of the item required, its price, catalog number, and the exact name and address of the supplier are accurate and complete.
- Prepare a Purchase Requisition with a valid University index number and appropriate approval(s). Refer to section 22.2.4. Purchase Requisitions for procedures on completing a requisition.
- Insert Remittance Enclosed below the item description.
- Attach any supporting evidence, such as advertisements, letters from the vendor, or vendor quotations, to the Purchase Requisition.
- Forward the Purchase Requisition and all supporting documents to the Purchasing Department.
Chapter Table of Contents | Table of Contents | Search | MTU Home
Copyright © 2002. Michigan Technological University. All Rights Reserved.
Address questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.