Chapter 22. Purchasing
Section 22.4. Special Purchases
22.4.7. Repair Work
All repairs are to be processed on a Purchase Requisition, except for warranty repairs and of-campus repairs less than $500. Items to be repaired under warranty, at no charge, are handled directly by the requesting department. In this case, a requisition is not necessary. Proper shipping method, insurance, and follow up are the responsibility of the requesting department.
Campus-wide blanket orders exist for repairs for certain items such as:
- Warranty repairs:
Items to be repaired under warranty at no charge are handled by the department. Refer to section 22.6.2. Returns to Vendors.
- On-Campus repairs:
Due to liability and insurance requirements, these repairs must be on a purchase requisition.
- Repairs off-campus:
Since liability and insurance are not issues, the purchasing card is recommended for repairs less than $500, or a regular purchase requisition can be used.
- Campus-wide blanket orders exist for repairs for certain items with Sayens Business for office equipment.
NOTE: These repairs do not require a purchase requisition.
For office equipment, campus-wide blanket order repairs, do the following:
- Contact the Purchasing Department by calling 7-2510 and request office equipment repair.
- Give detailed information on what needs repair.
NOTE: The Purchasing Department will receive the repair invoice and contact the department for a valid University index number to be charged for the repair.
For other than campus-wide blanket order repairs, do the following:
- Complete a Purchase Requisition, clearly explaining the problem(s) and indicate whether the item is being shipped to the vendor under separate cover or whether the purchase order should be forwarded to the department for use as a packing slip. Refer to section 22.2.4. Purchase Requisitions for procedures on completing a requisition.
- Ship the item, if necessary.
Chapter Table of Contents | Table of Contents | Search | MTU Home
Copyright © 2002. Michigan Technological University. All Rights Reserved.
Address questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.