Chapter 21. Public Safety
21.1. Campus Traffic Regulations
Campus Traffic Regulations: 20.1. Ordinance No. 1 - Traffic Regulations, an ordinance to regulate traffic, vehicular noise, parking, pedestrians, littering and defacing of property on property of Michigan Technological University.
To view the traffic ordinance in its entirety, refer to Board of Trustees Policy Manual, Chapter 20.1. Ordinance No. 1. - Traffic Regulations, or its Web site.
The following apply to all faculty, staff, students, and visitors on campus:
- Hot rods, drag strip racers, modified stock cars, or other non-conventional vehicles (bicycles, mopeds, or motorcycles excepted) are not allowed on campus.
- All vehicles must be in good operating condition. No major repairs to cars will be permitted on roads or in any parking areas on campus.
- Vehicles with faulty or excessively noisy exhaust systems will be prohibited from entering the campus area.
- On all campus roads the speed limit is 15 m.p.h. unless otherwise posted.
- No snowmobile will be permitted at any time on University property without the express written consent of the provost and senior vice president for academic and student affairs or the director of Public Safety. A copy of "Snowmobiles - Registration and Regulations, Act No. 74, 1968," the state law pertaining to snowmobiles, can be obtained from the Houghton County Sheriff's Department.
Chapter Table of Contents | Table of Contents | Search | MTU Home
Last Revised: 15 January 2002 - activated Search Engine
Copyright © 2001-2002. Michigan Technological University. All Rights Reserved.
Address questions about this page to Ann Roth at email@example.com.